Brompton Cemetery

A trip out anyone?
Lisa

Brompton Cemetery

Post by Lisa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:19 am

We have spoken about arranging a special photography trip to Highgate Cemetery. This will need some organising and we will need minimum numbers - we can always do this in the future but for this year, I was wondering if anyone is interested in a trip to Brompton Cemetery http://brompton-cemetery.org.uk. It would just be a matter of arranging a date that's suitable for all those interested.

I think it is quite near to Chelsea Physics Garden http://chelseaphysicgarden.co.ukso maybe we could combine the two??

Fivedeed

Re: Brompton Cemetery

Post by Fivedeed » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:59 am

Hi Lisa !

I am game, as would like to visit a different cemetery...

Amanda x

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi Lisa,

Yes I would certainly be interested if the day was suitable. Have wanted to do Brompton for a while.

Let me know when you are thinking of a date.

Trevor

Ian-Raymant

Post by Ian-Raymant » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi Lisa,

I am interested but can only do weekends sadly - Please let me know proposed dates etc.
Do you normally travel by train or drive to venues such as these ?

Thanks - see you Wednesday

Ian

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sat May 14, 2016 9:58 am

Hi Guys,
For those who fancy this trip, is next Sunday 22nd May ok with you all?
Can you post here and let me know and then we can arrange travel details.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sat May 14, 2016 10:00 am

Forgot to add, we are hoping to do the Chelsea Physics Garden too http://chelseaphysicgarden.co.uk/visit/.

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Sat May 14, 2016 11:24 am

Hi Lisa !

I am looking forward to coming to both the cemetery and the garden ...!

I'm really getting into your flower photography again this year, despite all attempts by IGPOTY to discourage me :lol:

For Brompton , I am going to try taking it all B&W, which should be fun !

Assuming we are going to drive to Newbury Park and get the train in, unless anyone who has driven all the way before fancies doing so -in which case I will contribute to costs etc ...

Amanda X

Ian-Raymant

Post by Ian-Raymant » Sun May 15, 2016 8:30 am

Hi Lisa,

Will have to opt out sadly, am off on a business trip to Holland on Thursday, returning late Saturday - apologies.

See you on Wednesday.

Regards

Ian

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Wed May 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi guys, big thanks to Lisa and Amanda for a great day out on Sunday. Thanks driving Lisa!

Chelsea Physics garden was superb (images to follow) lunch was excellent!

Brompton is full of character textures interest and a varied array of habitats. I could spend all day there!

I have uploaded some images in the gallery from Brompton but still have a shed load to delete and edit the keepers.

Trevor

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Wed May 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Hi All !

Likewise Trevor - it was one of those special days - thoroughly enjoyed every moment and feel that I learnt a lot ...

Some Brompton Photos coming soon ...

Trevor, yours are great - love the crow pose !

It was a very atmospheric place and quite different from other cemeteries - highly recommended for anyone else making a sightseeing trip to London :D

Amanda X

Ps Can definitely recommend the food at The Chelsea Physic Garden - Tangerine Dream Cafe - yummy !

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Thu May 26, 2016 9:29 am

Thanks Amanda I am quite pleased with some of them. Its really difficult being ruthless and deleting those that aren't quite there.

I have posted the best ones of the Physic garden.

Looking forward to seeing yours and Lisa's images.

Trevor

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Thu May 26, 2016 9:49 am

Hi just finished posting the last of the Brompton Cemetery pics.

Feed back is always welcomed.

Trev

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Thu May 26, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi Trevor !

Really like the flower images and extra Brompton photos of the angels & cherubs - very atmospheric ... your lighting did pick out lots of detail !

I haven't edited my cemetery ones yet - however I have posted a few of the Chelsea Physic Garden in my Gallery.

Thanks for your guidance... Still lots to learn, but getting there :D

Ax

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Thu May 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Having trouble loading - so will do another time - very frustrating - one only on there !!

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Thu May 26, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi Amanda had a look at your Chelsea album but can only see one image. Which I like very much.

Depth of field is lovely.

Trevor

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Thu May 26, 2016 8:08 pm

Just seen your post. Look forward to seeing the rest
Trevor

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Mon May 30, 2016 11:12 am

Hi guys,
I have now put up my Brompton and Chelsea images in my gallery. I really enjoyed the day even though I felt my photography brain seemed to be lacking especially at the Chelsea Physic Garden. I don't know whether I was just over awed with everything and didn't know what to focus on (excuse the pun). To be honest at Chelsea I felt my 'garden' brain was to the forefront so felt I did more snapping so as to get ideas for the garden. I would like to go back again when in a better frame of mind so to concentrate more on the photography side of things.

I felt happier with my Brompton pics.

Trevor - loved your Chelsea images and the quality of the bokeh. Now I am even more disappointed with mine :(. I also loved the Brompton images. The close ups of specific parts of the angels worked very well and next time ( :D :D ) I will try this approach. I didn't even see some of the shots you took such as the ornate door so must remember to be more observant in future.

Amanda - I can only see one flower image and jolly gorgeous it is too :).

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Mon May 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Well done Lisa and Trevor for putting your recent shots on the CS gallery - enjoyed seeing them.

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Mon May 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Thanks Lisa !

I have had trouble re-sizing images, so hope to add some more photos this week ...

I thought both your sets of photos were great - you are too harsh a critic of your work !

Amanda x

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Mon May 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi Lisa I also think you are too harsh on yourself. It's a fine line between a records shot and artistic image but I think you have some lovely images and great out of focus backgrounds.

Love your Bromptoms, some terrific architectural and texture shits. Love the B&W versions need to revisit mine to try the same. Really well done, very impressed!

Amanda we need to see yours hope you get them on soon.

Trevor