London Markets August/September

A trip out anyone?
Trevor

London Markets August/September

Post by Trevor » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi everyone, as part of one of the themes for images,we will be looking at Markets.

To this end we thought it might be interesting to arrange a group visit to a market or two in London.

The options are Camden Market (good place for general shooting as well), Spital fields (no experience) Covent garden ( little limited) Columbia Road Flower market (good reviews).

If members are keen to explore any of the above please register your interest and whether you would prefer an August or September shoot and we can perhaps do maybe one or two of the above.

We can then discuss dates when we have ample interest.

Thanks Trevor

Ian-Raymant

Re: London Markets August/September

Post by Ian-Raymant » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:34 am

Hi Trevor,

Excellent idea and I'd like to be included please although work dictates weekends only.

Both months are good for me but I'm thinking the light should be less harsh in September.

Maybe we can discuss at the July meeting.

Best wishes

Ian

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:10 pm

I don't mind when and am interested in the Camden and the flower markets.

KarenJ

Post by KarenJ » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:43 am

Hi, I'm interested & will go with the majority.

A day in Camden sounds good as it offers variety. Spitalfields is handy being near Liverpool st station. Love the idea of a flower market.

I posted before direct from email so apologies if I'm repeating myself. Trains! If we're going on a Sunday then we may be dictated by engineering works. At a quick glance Sunday 5th August, trains run as normal. After that however there's a bus replacement service.

Karen

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:59 am

Hi Karen,
In the past, with trips to London, one or two of us have driven and parked at Newbury Park and then taken the underground into central London. If there is likely to be engineering works at the weekend, it might be easier to do that again.
Lisa