Slice Watch

PhilBrew

Slice Watch

Postby PhilBrew » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:32 pm

As at 14 September 2017 - the Slice Liaison Team (Slice Watch) consists of: Phil (pro tem Convenor); Elaine; Jonathan; Katie; Ian; and Trevor

We will need to work out as we go along the best way to make this work. For the moment I suggest that whenever anyone finds that can take a look at the displays they come onto this 'Slice Watch' topic on the Forum (Creative Shots Home Page > Exhibitions > Slice Watch) and give a brief report, which hopefully will usually be "all well". If we find that we get reports a couple of times a week on average with this unstructured system that will do the trick. If not we will need to think about setting up a more systematic rota.

I was in this morning and apart from straightening a number of the photos on display (it's surprising how often this is required!) all was indeed well. But the surprise was that the four images of the 'interloper' Steven Harper at the far end of the gallery have disappeared. The four hooks were still there so I removed them and made good the holes. As it is a Thursday, Lagi was not there - his brother George stands in for him every Thursday and George has no interest at all in the exhibition so it is no use trying to talk to him about it. So I have still to find out what the story is but I hope it means we can now use this space for another CCS member to put up an individual display, and I will try too arrange this asap.

PhilBrew

Re: Slice Watch

Postby PhilBrew » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Looked in on 14 and 18 September. Lagi confirmed SH space now available to us. Asked Jonathan to fill it - he plans to put two A3 images there. Need to rethink original allocation of individual spaces to accommodate new members . Do we reduce the size of each allocated space or simply share spaces chronologically i.e. a non-displayer takes over a current display space for, say three or six months. Joe is already planning to take over Gwyn's space on this basis and Ian and Jim have a similar arrangement. See how things evolve but everyone who wants to display should be able to. Thoughts?

PhilBrew

Postby PhilBrew » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Checked on 25/9 - all OK. Went in again today with Jonathan (having agreed by text message with Lagi) arrived about 3.45, stayed till 5 but normally Lagi prefers to be away a bit earlier, say 4.45. Jonathan put up his 4 pictures - 2 at each end of the wall. He found a new way of displaying his labels - he attached them to the back of the frame at the very bottom such that they are visible below the frame when hung without being attached directly to the wall.
Amanda was in earlier and removed her images. This leaves a space about 2m15 wide (about 1m80 allowing for separation spacing). Elaine and Katie are planning to use it, possibly as a joint display, but until they are ready to hang (which may not be very soon) I'd like to see the space filled on a temporary basis with some 'place holder' pictures. So if you have any framed photos that could go up more or less immediately, please let me know asap - otherwise I can use some of mine, but would prefer not to.

Lagi also expressed his views on prices, based on the reactions he has observed from his customers. He thought £30-£40 framed was a reasonable going rate for the larger A3 images. So our decision to ask £25 for the Group Display images seems about right.
Then Lagi talked about the framed embroideries on the pink wall at the bottom of the staircase. He wants to move those upstairs to a wall not currently adorned with artwork - round behind the loo block. He would like to replace them with some sort of art work - paintings, prints, maybe even photos, but they would have to be quite small and fitting them artistically into that odd shaped space would be a challenge. Lagi would be open to suggestions from us. Any thoughts?

PhilBrew

Postby PhilBrew » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:02 pm

Hung 5 place holder photos to give Katie and Elaine time to prepare their display without feeling under pressure.

PhilBrew

Postby PhilBrew » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:40 am

Ian changed his images. Will reconfigure display some time soon to give Jonathan's more breathing space. Otherwise all well. Thanks Ian.

PhilBrew

Postby PhilBrew » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Katie and Elaine's joint display is now up. Well done both.

PhilBrew

Postby PhilBrew » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Colin today refreshed his individual display with five great new images.

PhilBrew

Postby PhilBrew » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:22 am

Lisa recently refreshed her display with four great shots of church windows, making a strongly coherent group. Well done.

PhilBrew

Postby PhilBrew » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:35 pm

Members of the Slice Watch team - please note I shall away from 14 December to 4 January, so if you could pop from time to time and keep an eye on the displays that would be great. Festive greetings. Phil

Return to “Exhibitions”