The Slice Gallery Permanent Exhibition

Trevor

Re: The Slice Gallery Permanent Exhibition

Post by Trevor » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:04 pm

I thought it was just me and the iPad wouldn't open them, but obviously your having problems as well.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:37 am

You should be able to see Robert's post and images now.
The forum doesn't display a user's first post in case it is spam. I have to go in and approve it - which I've now done. I assume that is why the images didn't appear on the email - just in case they were something untoward.

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi Lisa, thanks but still can't see the post.

Trevor

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:40 pm

I refreshed something. Can you see it now?

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:55 pm

Thanks for posting Robert interesting mix of images.
Thanks for sharing.

Trevor

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:06 pm

I like your layout.

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:51 am

"I like your layout" - perhaps a touch enigmatic? I was referring to Robert's new display.

Some other observations from a visit to Slice a couple of days ago: Amanda and Trevor seem to have anonymous displays. Amanda's interesting new guitar images all have an elegant signature, but it did take me a while to decipher the name, and no name appears on the accompanying descriptive text. As for Trev's display it looks to me as if a card withe some text and no doubt your name has fallen off the wall.

And just to reiterate what Robert said - there is space at the far end of the wall next to his display for up to four more exhibits. A shame to leave this space empty. Hopefully one or more of our newer members might like to take up the challenge. Please let us know. Otherwise, as a temporary measure someone with images already on display could step in and use the space? Any thoughts on that?

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:12 am

Ha ha !!

Must have been thinking that I was so famous that people would instantly know who I was !!

I will redo the blurb with my name at the bottom

Thanks Phil x

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:19 am

PhilBrew wrote:And just to reiterate what Robert said - there is space at the far end of the wall next to his display for up to four more exhibits. A shame to leave this space empty. Hopefully one or more of our newer members might like to take up the challenge.
I have a feeling that it was thought best to leave a gap at the end as the office door opens on to the wall. Robert may not have used all his 6ft so there might be a small space left which is 'safe' to use.

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi yes I'm aware of the lack of information and I will be rectifying that. I will also be changing the images before my operation so it will be done asap.
Trevor

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:11 pm

A Slice update.

Have been in today to change three of my display images and learned that Laggi is off back to his native Cyprus tomorrow for 10 days - he will be back on 11 August. He asked if we could not make changes to our displays during this period.

He also told me his latest thinking on the cabinet question. He is still looking for one but it will now be located nearer the window than he had previously suggested - where there is a pink painted box structure at the moment, and it will be no taller than that box (about waist height), so hurray it should not intrude on our display area at all.

I asked for contact details of Steven Harper whose four photos have appeared recently at the far end of the main wall - next to Robert's display - and he said he would give me them on his return.

A couple of new ideas regarding the Slice have been floated and discussed by the committee. A report is in preparation and will be sent to members shortly.

Phil