2012 exhibition.

Trevor

2012 exhibition.

Post by Trevor » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi everyone we had a productive meeting last night. In relation to the exhibition, we really need members confirmation of who will be exhibiting and how many images they would produce.

We have decided that we really need approx 60 images which works out at an average of 6 images per person. If you cant or dont want to produce that many it is in order to just exhibit a few if you so wish.

If members could respond to this thread via the forum as quickly as possible so we know the numbers and approximately how many images they wish to produce, we can decide at the February meeting whether we have viable numbers to go ahead.

I would encourage as many of you as possible to exhibit something, we have some talented photographers producing some really interesting work and it would be great to show them off.

Thank you, looking forward to your continued commitment.

Trevor

PhilBrew

Re: 2012 exhibition.

Post by PhilBrew » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Confirm I can do six.

markw

Post by markw » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:37 am

Hi

Hoping to aim for between four and six for the exhibition. Need to have a sort out of some of my images but ideally hoping to take the full six if I can.

Mark

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:38 am

I can do five.

If anyone isn't sure how to reply to this post, feel free to contact me at lisa@paleseptember.co.uk for help.

Colin

Post by Colin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:28 pm

I can probably manage six.
Colin

Graham

Post by Graham » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:12 pm

I can do 6

Kate

Post by Kate » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:39 am

Trevor, I could put in 6 images for the exhibition
Kate :D

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 pm

I can do Six, thats 41 images at the current count.

We do need some more at least another 19 if we dont want the exhibition to look sparse.

Dont be shy, you all have excellent images to show of your creativeness.

Trev

Colin

Post by Colin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi All,
These are the action points from our last meeting re the Exhibition.

Mount Boards for cutting should be to the cutters by the end of March (or a date negotiated with your cutter)
Phil to cut for Sarah
Trevor to cut for Mark and Colin

Phil has ordered enough sticky pads for all the exhibits.

Mounted prints should be delivered to Colin at the April meeting, (if date missed, then to his home address).

Labels
Lisa needs label information preferably before, but definitely by, the April meeting.
She will need your name!! Title of each image and price if for sale or NFS.
Logistics on how to process sales is being left to each exhibitor.
Lisa is also going to produce a list of exhibits for use at preview.

Graham is doing something to use for publicity.

Private View
We agreed 3pm to 5pm Saturday May 5th
Kate and Sarah to discuss catering ( I suggest to report back in April ).

Hanging (Friday May 4th) Start time yet to be arranged.
Hanging Committee is Phil, Sarah, Lisa and Colin plus Trevor, Eric and Joe, if available. I will likely call a pre hanging meeting to discuss options, logistics, it will likely save time on the day!!!

That's all my notes, if anything missed or questions still unanswered please add a reply.
Colin

Colin

Post by Colin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Please remember to bring your images for the Exhibition tomorrow (see note below) and let Lisa have the details for the labels including price if you wish to sell them,
thanks
Colin
Note: If you cannot let me have your images tomorrow, there are two other options,
1/ If you are helping us hang them, bring them with you on the 4th May, but it must be first thing or we lose time arranging.
2/ Arrange with me to deliver them to my home address.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi Everyone,
Please can those who that haven't yet given me their titles for their images for the exhibition, email them to me asap so I can get them all finished and ready for Friday.
Many thanks
Lisa

Colin

Post by Colin » Thu May 17, 2012 9:39 am

A couple of issues that require your attention please:
1/We have suggested a second "invited" viewing event for either of Friday 22nd June between 7pm and 9pm or Saturday 23rd June between 11am and 1pm, coffee and cakes to be provided at whichever we choose. Please can each member indicate their preference asap, we will go with the one receiving the most response. The idea being that we each re-invite those of our friends who could not make the preview event.

2/As you know, Phil has kindly been keeping an eye on our images and replacing those that fealt a trip to the floor was a good idea. (He says we are winning!) I can perform this service while Phil is away but will also be missing from June 2 to the 10th. Can someone please volunteer to look in several times during this time please?
thanks to all
Colin

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Thu May 17, 2012 11:40 am

I would go for the Saturday morning option.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun May 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi Folks,
I will be away on 22nd and 23rd June so will have to give my apologies for the next private viewing.

If nobody else volunteers, I am happy to pop in and check the images are still on the wall during the period 2nd to 10th June.

Colin

Post by Colin » Tue May 22, 2012 7:29 pm

Having put our heads together again we have concluded that there is insufficient scope or demand for a further private viewing and will therefore cease planning such an event. The exhibition is still looking good and we are all encouraged to continue to advertise it's presence and invite those of our friends and aquaintences who have not yet been to see our work. Please remember that anyone attempting to enter after office hours, when the security guard may be on their periodic rounds, should ring the number indicated on the notice outside the main entrance. They will then return to let you in.
regards, Colin

Colin

Post by Colin » Wed May 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi everyone,
We are still having to put images back on the wall so if you can help in this regard I would be appreciative. There is now a pack of sticky pads and some double sided tape in an evelope at reception labelled "Creative Shots Exhibition". If you are in and a repair is needed this will help but you will need sissors if you need to use the tape. I will try and add some masking tape to the pack before Saturday. Lisa, if you can pop in in the next week that would be great. thanks Colin

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Thu May 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi Colin,
That's no problem. I can pop in.
Do I automatically put new pads on the ones that have fallen down?
Lisa

Colin

Post by Colin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi everyone,
Just a reminder that we will be meeting at the exhibition at 10am tomorrow to dismantle and put right any damage. Phil/Eric, I believe you were both going to bring paint! If you are unable to attend we will keep your images for you and get them to the July meeting.
Colin