Posting images as attachments

Step by step guides here
Lisa

Posting images as attachments

Post by Lisa » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:37 pm

To post an image into your message you can now do it as an attachment as long as your image is 1000 px or less. This means you don't have to worry about your image already being on the net somewhere and then linking to it. You can upload it to the posting box directly by browsing for the file on your computer.

The image I have just posted under Shadows and Reflections is 800 px wide for your info.
To post as an attachment, choose and upload your file in the 'upload attachment' section which is situated under the preview/submit/..... buttons at the bottom of the message box.

You have to write something in the message box too as it won't accept an attachment without an accompanying post. Just a word will do.

You can still do it the 'old' way and link to a bigger image using the Img button at the top of the message box but I believe the forum will downsize it to about 1000 px anyway.

Get in touch if you have any difficulties and happy posting :D

creativeadmin
Site Admin

Re: Posting images as attachments

Post by creativeadmin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:42 am

Hi all,
Just reminding you that there is a maximum size in both memory size and dimension for posting images on the forum. This is to prevent unnecessarily large files eating up too quickly our online storage capacity limited by our current hosting package. The maximum dimension is 1000px and the memory size is 2MB. However both can be changed so if you feel it isn't sufficient, just let me know and I can easily alter it.
Lisa wrote:To post an image into your message you can now do it as an attachment as long as your image is 1000 px or less. This means you don't have to worry about your image already being on the net somewhere and then linking to it. You can upload it to the posting box directly by browsing for the file on your computer.

The image I have just posted under Shadows and Reflections is 800 px wide for your info.
To post as an attachment, choose and upload your file in the 'upload attachment' section which is situated under the preview/submit/..... buttons at the bottom of the message box.

You have to write something in the message box too as it won't accept an attachment without an accompanying post. Just a word will do.

You can still do it the 'old' way and link to a bigger image using the Img button at the top of the message box but I believe the forum will downsize it to about 1000 px anyway.

Get in touch if you have any difficulties and happy posting :D