Chinese Whispers December 2017

Trevor

Chinese Whispers December 2017

Postby Trevor » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:08 am

Hi everyone, following on from yesterdays AGM we need to get Chinese whispers under way ready for Decembers 2017's meeting.

Membership has increased and therefore we need to get this started as time will quickly run out.

At the MOST you will have 2 WEEKS to provide your image to me. As the potential here is for a number of images, if you can supply it before the 2 WEEK deadline that would be better as we need to get them printed before Decembers meet which may be brought forward a week this year.

Obviously depending on how many members renew their subs the number of entries may decrease, so if you are renewing please do so asap so Phil or Joe can confirm for me which members need to receive the latest image.

Any questions please feel free to message me.

THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES

When you receive an image from the CS member in front of you it is for you to interpret the image and produce an image which you feel represents any element or elements of the image.

Once you have taken your image do the following.

1. send a full sized (not cropped) resolution image to me to collate the ready for printing.
2. send a thumbnail image (approx 1000 pixels on longest length) to the next person on the list.

Below is the list of order of members - if you cant make a deadline feel free to swap with someone else.

Ian, Colin, Amanda, Graham, Alison, Robert, Lisa, Joe, Gwyn, Eric, Phil, Nina, Moyra.

This is the order the images will follow on from.

Again, if you cant make a deadline feel free to swap with someone else BUT PLEASE let me know so I can put them in the correct order.

Phil or Joe if I have missed anyone off can you let me know asap please?

Good luck everyone.

Trevor

Trevor

Re: Chinese Whispers December 2017

Postby Trevor » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:08 am

Update on Chinese whispers.

I now have a copy of the current membership list so I have amended the sequence for members to receive their image.

The order now reads as follows:

Ian, Colin, Amanda, Graham, Alison, Robert, Lisa, Joe, Gwyn, David, Phil, Nina, Moyra, Elaine.

I have received images from Ian and Colin, Thank you.

Any questions come back to me.

Regards
Trevor

Lisa

Postby Lisa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:05 am

As the print size file that Trevor requires will be very large (in memory size), rather than send through email, it's a good idea to use a file sharing link. I have added one to our Dropbox account which you can use. Just upload your file using this link https://www.dropbox.com/request/7I0jwQRO22wlZNWkXwK6.
You don't need a login or password- just browse to the file on your machine and upload.

Trevor

Postby Trevor » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:52 am

Hi everyone hope you are doing lots of image taking??

Here is where we are at with the Chinese whispers.

I have images from 8 members the last being Lisa.

This is the remainder of the members I have, but Moira is doubtful if she is no longer a member?

Joe,Gwyn,David,Phil,Nina,Moyra?,Elaine.

The last image i received was the 18/02/2017 from Lisa so the speed has petered out quite a lot. Lisa i assume you sent a copy of your image to Joe.

Joe i think the ball is now in your court.

just to remind members of the process i attach this again below.

When you receive an image from the previous CS member, it is for you to interpret the image and produce an image which you feel represents any element or elements of the image.

1. send a full sized (not cropped) resolution image to me to collate them ready for printing.
2. send a thumbnail image (approx 1000 pixels on longest length) to the next person on the list.

Remember you have at best 2 weeks so we can collate all the images and have them printed for the Christmas meeting. At the moment it is a month behind.

Thanks everyone, if anyone thinks the above is unclear or is having trouble please contact me.

Trevor

Lisa

Postby Lisa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:40 am

Hi Trevor,
Yes, I've sent Joe an image (in fact I sent him two as I changed my mind so it's definitely the second image you should be using Joe).

Trevor

Postby Trevor » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi everyone hope you are doing lots of image taking??

Here is where we are at with the Chinese whispers.

I have images from 10 members the last being Gwyn.

This is the remainder of the members I have.

David,Phil,Nina,Elaine, Kate,

When you receive an image from the previous CS member, it is for you to interpret the image and produce an image which you feel represents any element or elements of the image.

1. send a full sized (not cropped) resolution image to me to collate them ready for printing.

Remember you have at best 2 weeks so we can collate all the images and have them printed for the Christmas meeting. At the moment it is a month behind.

Thanks everyone, if anyone thinks the above is unclear or is having trouble please contact me.

Trevor

Trevor

Postby Trevor » Wed May 24, 2017 11:17 am

Hi guys, just a reminder re Chinese whispers.

I have received Gwyn's image and trust Gwyn has passed her image to David?

David I am waiting on your full sized image please.

If you can let me have this asap please and pass a thumbnail image onto the the next person please. Any problems David please contact me.

David you need to send your thumbnail to Phil, please refer to the posts below to see where in the line you are.

Kind regards

Trevor

Trevor

Postby Trevor » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:19 am

Hi everyone, regretfully I am not getting any response from members re the Chinese whispers..

I appreciate everyone is busy but I do need members to respond and provide their full size images. It only works if everyone commits to it.

The present position is that the last image I had was from Gwyn, who sent her thumbnail to Phil.

Phil I sent you message on the 24/05/2017 asking if you could let me have your full sized image and send a thumbnail to either David, Kate or Elaine.

All has gone quiet and I have posted enough reminders and reiterated the process numerous times. Members can be in no doubt of the process.

Sorry to have to sound heavy handed but can the remaining members look to get their full resolution images to me asap after receiving their thumbnail from the previous member.

Thanks

PhilBrew

Postby PhilBrew » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am

Hi Trev - My apologies. I have been a bit out of the loop recently what with a trip to Australia and then a serious family health issue to deal with. I was unaware that the original list you published in January had been changed (my inattention for sure!) so was still expecting to receive an image from Graham. I did indeed receive Gwyn's but didn't think of it as the Chinese Whispers photo!! So I will now get my skates on. Who do I send my pic to? Phil

Trevor

Postby Trevor » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:43 am

Hi Phil thanks for responding.

If you can send your full size image to me and then pass a thumbnail to David Barber please.

Thanks

Trevor

PhilBrew

Postby PhilBrew » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 am

OK Trev - will do asap

Return to “Chinese Whispers”