Just checking email notification is working.

Any problems with the forum post here
creativeadmin
Site Admin

Just checking email notification is working.

Postby creativeadmin » Fri May 15, 2015 7:13 pm

Joe posted to the forum this morning but an email notification was not sent. This post is to see whether it was a blip or whether it is back to the drawing board for me.
Lisa

Fivedeed

Re: Just checking email notification is working.

Postby Fivedeed » Fri May 15, 2015 7:24 pm

seems ok xx

creativeadmin
Site Admin

Postby creativeadmin » Fri May 15, 2015 7:28 pm

This thread seems to have worked but I've also re-posted Joe's original message and that hasn't come through :? <- completely flummoxed smiley...

creativeadmin
Site Admin

Postby creativeadmin » Sun May 17, 2015 7:53 am

This is Joe's original post as it seems this is the only thread that is working at the moment :(.

JoeCaffery wrote:Hi All,

I have been offered 4 places to take part in this event which starts mid-day June 20 and continues throughout the night until mid-day June 21 (Saturday thru' Sunday).
It is organised by a magazine I subscribe to and the Nikon School of Photography.
I was offered the places after complaining about the way it was organised (that's me!).
If anyone is interested in taking up their offer, let me know by Monday night.
The website www,absolutephoto.com apparently has a twitter feed where other photographers are willing to "buddy up" and form
small groups; useful for photographing throughout the night but I haven't been able to find it on their website.

Joe

Lisa

Postby Lisa » Fri May 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Did anyone receive the email I just posted regarding a vintage cycle ride?
(Checking forum email notifications again)

Fivedeed

Postby Fivedeed » Fri May 22, 2015 9:28 pm

It's working for me !

Trevor

Postby Trevor » Fri May 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Yep working for me.

creativeadmin
Site Admin

Postby creativeadmin » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:02 am

I'm aware that some members are not getting email notifications through regularly.

I don't know why this is. The email notifications are via a 'module' that was written by a German guy a few years ago. The module has been determined 'abandonned' by the PHPBB people and there are no other modules at the moment that do the same thing with our new version of the forum.

Having had a look to try and identify the problem, I read that some mail servers make things difficult (they are trying to cut down on spam and they mistakenly think that lots of emails going out at once is spam). This could be what is happening here. I will contact our new hosting company to see if they can do anything at their end to help.

In the meantime, you can receive notification of new postings via the forum by subscribing to an individual 'section' by clicking in the subscribe box at the bottom of the page of each 'section' you want to receive email notifications about. I would suggest Monthly Meeting Information, Photoshoots, Exhibitions at the very least if not all of them - see screenshot.
Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 10.54.45.JPG
Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 10.54.45.JPG (27.97 KiB) Viewed 2242 times

If you do this and then receive only your new individual forum subscriptions and not the old style blue coloured email notifications, can you let me know so I can ascertain how wide the problem is.

Fivedeed

Postby Fivedeed » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi Lisa
I think mine is working again -as I received an email for the big post I did about the slice and also yours about the emails. I seemed to be subscribed to all topics also.
The emails re above were both blue.
I haven't heard from anyone though about my latest Slice post and my request for contact details -I hope it is just because people have been busy. Did you receive it ?

Amanda x

Lisa

Postby Lisa » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi Amanda,
Yes, I received your posting re. details of the Slice meeting at the Yew Tree.

The subscribe forum box is a bit misleading as I don't think you are actually subscribed until you click the little spanner icon and the list of options pops up with subscribe already having a tick in it. Maybe they have put the tick in to help you out :? . You can also manage your subscriptions by going into your User Control Panel (click your name top right and the option will pop up), see manage subscriptions under overview.

Trevor

Postby Trevor » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi Lisa, yes I am still receiving emails.
Thanks
Trevor

creativeadmin
Site Admin

Postby creativeadmin » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi everyone,

PLEASE IGNORE - THIS IS FOR ADMIN'S BENEFIT ONLY!!!
I'm just sending out this message to ensure everyone receives the email notifications correctly as I (as admin) am getting error messages that seem to suggest that some internet providers are classing these email notifications as spam and are bouncing them back to me - in particular Alison and Graham's.

Our current hosting company Tsohost are looking into it for us and this message is a test for them to see if it's been fixed.
Thanks
Lisa

Lisa

Postby Lisa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:45 pm

I don't think the email notifications always get through to everyone so I am just liaising with the technical staff at our hosting company to try and get it sorted. I've made some changes to the settings so just testing to see if it has made any difference....

creativeadmin
Site Admin

Postby creativeadmin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:55 pm

PLEASE IGNORE - THIS IS FOR ADMIN'S BENEFIT ONLY!!!
I'm just sending out this message to ensure everyone receives the email notifications correctly. I don't think the email notifications always get through to everyone so I am liaising with the technical staff at our hosting company to try and get it sorted. I've made some changes to the settings so just testing to see if it has made any difference....

Return to “Technical/Forum Issues”