June Meeting

Information and updates on monthly meetings
Lisa

June Meeting

Post by Lisa » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:16 am

Hi Folks,
I will be away for next week's meeting so thought I would let you know in advance because of the projector.

If a Mac user would like to take over my role and show member’s images through their machine, it is just a matter of plugging in the white adapter (stored with projector) - no other fiddling/adjustment is needed.

Apologies, I don't know how to connect a Windows machine to the projector.

Otherwise, member’s usb sticks can be put into the back of the projector and the remote control used as per our first experience with the projector.

Fivedeed

Re: June Meeting

Post by Fivedeed » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:39 am

Hi All !

In response to Lisa's message, thought I would say that I'm a Mac user - but don't have a laptop....

Has anyone else got one ?

Amanda

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi Lisa - I have a Macbook laptop with a white adapter which hopefully will work (your adapter may not fir another Mac laptop if it is a different model).

However, I really really do not want to wait until Wednesday evening to test out the connection etc. Are you available any time on Tueaday for me to come and try it out? ( I an away myself from tomorrow mid morning until late Monday evening)

I think for the future we must have some better fall back strategy in place for when you cannot come to a meeting, as it is not fair on you to carry sole responsibility for the projector.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi Phil,
I am actually going to Durham for a few days from Sunday so won't be about on Tuesday for any testing but the projector is kept at the Hythe now anyway so you may be able to test it yourself if you can get access. I'll email you the combination for the lock even though I am going to see if I can make this thread viewable to members only as feel some of the info is a bit sensitive.

The adapter model is this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231448339050.

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:17 pm

Isn't the projector at the venue ?

Amanda

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:20 pm

Isn't the projector at the venue ?

Amanda

Sorry - didn't see Lisa had already answered oops !

Colin

Post by Colin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:45 pm

Just a reminder that on Wednesday we are viewing images of "Movement" there was a free interpretation of what that might mean so it could be interesting. We are minus Lisa who is away but we are intending to use the projector one way or another. Also, Trevor is kindly presenting the topic of "depth of field", so please come with any questions poised.
See you Wednesday, Colin