August practical session.

Information and updates on monthly meetings
Trevor

August practical session.

Post by Trevor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Just so members have an idea what we will be trying to do here is a link.

https://youtu.be/fwExpFDUC9Y

It’s very much trial and error with this as I don’t think any of of us have any experience with this.
Trevor

Lisa

Re: August practical session.

Post by Lisa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks Trevor - that will test us!

While Trevor is setting up for the water droplets practical, I will demonstrate layers in Photoshop. Those of you at last month's meeting will know I had problems with my old laptop so I have bought a connection so my new laptop will connect to the projector. However, I'm not sure if the projector connection bit will fit our projector :?

[image]https://colchestercreativeshotsblog.fil ... g_0887.jpg[/image]

Does it look a bit small????

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:44 am

I don’t know Lisa, I have no experience with such things, and an image doesn’t give scale. Best to try it and see?
Trevor

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:49 am

Okay further to this post I will bring some new wireless flash triggers, but they are designed for Nikon. For you Canon users, if any one has an off camera flash trigger, could they please bring them along?
Also having watched the video, if members have any of the required items such as backgrounds to shoot the droplets against, could they bring them please?

See you all tomorrow?
Trevor

JoeCaffery

Post by JoeCaffery » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi,
I can bring a canon flash and two flash extension cables; 1 about a metre coiled and one several metres uncoiled.
I can also bring a white mount board and also a white plastic sheet as backgrounds + some coloured paper as per GH video.
Perhaps we should bring some mopping up materials? Towel/kitchen roll and make sure we know our camera flash sync speed.
Joe

JoeCaffery

Post by JoeCaffery » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi,
I can bring a canon flash and two flash extension cables; 1 about a metre coiled and one several metres uncoiled.
I can also bring a white mount board and also a white plastic sheet as backgrounds + some coloured paper as per GH video.
Perhaps we should bring some mopping up materials? Towel/kitchen roll and make sure we know our camera flash sync speed.
Joe

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Thanks Joe,

Yes Nikon is 1/250th of a second.
Trevor

PerrinM

Post by PerrinM » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:41 am

Dear All
Unfortunately I will not make it tonight. Only got back from holiday yesturday so not very prepared. Will see you all in September.
Michele

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:07 pm

A big thank you to all who contributed to the success of the water droplet evening - especially Trevor and Joe, and to Lisa for her triptych by layers presentation. I came away having enjoyed the evening but not expecting much in the way of personal results, so was pleasantly surprised to discover I had after all got a few worth while shots.

Colin mentioned we do not have a scheduled slot to show our waterdropledt shots. Could we perhaps add them to the mix for September's meeting along with Coastal scenes and long exposure?

Phil

lainey56

Post by lainey56 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi everyone, was so sorry to miss another meeting. Unfortunately I am in Chelmsford on Weds looking after grandchildren and with the A12 being so rubbish have struggled to get back in time plus have also been shattered!
Will definitely make a determined effort to come to the September meeting. :D
Elaine x

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi Elaine, we missed you it was quite a fun evening and everyone seemed to have fun trying to catch the droplets.

Look forward to seeing you next meeting.

Trevor