The Slice -Gallery Space

Fivedeed

The Slice -Gallery Space

Post by Fivedeed » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:47 pm

Hi Everyone !

As some of you may already know, the new owner of The Slice Art Cafe is keen to have Colchester Creative Shots as a permanent exhibitor upstairs …

To assist Joe; Lisa and I met with the owner yesterday and found him to be very happy for us to manage the ongoing display of our work, which is great news for the club and for us as individuals !

With the upstairs’ walls looking very bare at the moment, it is hoped to start hanging images as soon as it can be feasibly arranged and therefore felt it needed discussing before our next club evening.

It would therefore be good to gather together all members wishing to display there on a permanent basis. We are thinking of meeting at a local pub (or similar) within the next 2 weeks to formulate a plan for getting things up and running as soon as possible. If anyone is disappointed about the cancelling of the Library Exhibition -and yet doesn't want to exhibit full time -please feel free to express your opinions. Do check out one of the proposed ideas below, however, which may serve to keep us all happy* :D

We promised the owner that individuals will maintain and manage their space in a professional manner, so that he can concentrate on running the cafe without having to worry about our photos. Therefore, members will be required to commit to an ongoing process which includes keeping their section presentable and being willing to change their display regularly to keep the exhibition fresh and therefore fulfil the owner's requirements of attracting customers.

The amount of space allocated per member will depend on the number of permanent exhibitors.

*If members do not feel ready to commit to this, or would just like to exhibit occasionally, one idea could be to have an area of gallery space set aside for those who may like to display their work now or at a later stage on a temporary basis rather than a continuous display..it could also be used for any newcomers to the club/existing members who may wish to just exhibit one or two photographs now and then.

In conclusion, please could any member who is interested in becoming a permanent exhibitor respond to this post as confirmation and in the meantime I will arrange for a poll for dates for our 'Slice' Meeting.

Any suggestions for a good venue for the meeting are welcomed !

Many thanks

Amanda

Trevor

Re: The Slice -Gallery Space

Post by Trevor » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Hi would be interested in maintaining a constant turn around of images.
Trevor

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:36 am

Thanks Trevor !

That's great news :D

Amanda x

Graham

Post by Graham » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:13 am

Hi Amanda

I'm in

Graham

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:43 am

Hi, I would be to!
Cheers
Gwyn

Colin

Post by Colin » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks Amanda, I'm in. Colin

Ian-Raymant

Post by Ian-Raymant » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Thanks Amanda,

Please include me too !

Thanks

Ian

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:01 am

Thanks. Yes I am interested. Kate

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:19 am

Thanks for all the replies !

Does anyone know if Phil is away at the moment - as we have not heard from him...

Plus, can you respond Eric please :D

Thanks

Amanda x

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi Amanda,
I think Phil is away - this was about the time we were going to be hanging our images for the library exhibition and I know he was going to be away for that.

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:56 am

Thanks Lisa !

I think we can probably count Phil 'in' for the Slice 'concept' -although he may not be able to come to our meeting....

I still need to get a response from Eric (Hello Eric :D )

The Yew Tree in Gt Horkesley looks like a good place to hold our meeting; if it's not too far away for any of you ?!

The bar area has some good tables where we could sit as a group - and it's got a cosy atmosphere.

Please can people confirm it's ok within the next 24 hours -so that we can be all set to meet up this coming Wednesday 2nd March ?! Start 7.30 ?

Hoping you all know where it is ? - it's along the main road to Sudbury -A134, on the left hand side, before you get to the Post Office/General Stores. It has a thatched roof - don't think you can miss it ...

Many thanks & look forward to seeing you !

Amanda x

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:21 am

Alls fine with me.
Lisa

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:23 am

Okay 7.30 sounds fine.
Trevor

Colin