Invitation to exhibit

PhilBrew

Invitation to exhibit

Post by PhilBrew » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:46 am

The club has been invited to contribute to a charity auction, being organised by ABF The soldiers Charity - https://www.soldierscharity.org - which is the British Army's own charity. The event will comprise 100 images displayed at Braxted Park, Witham, on the 24th and 25th March 2017, where they will be auctioned off, with all of the proceedings going to The Soldiers Charity. The entire exhibition will be on line at www.jumblebee.com, from the beginning of March, for those members of the public unable to attend the exhibition.

The technical details are as follows

Size A3 print size

resolution 300dpi

File type TIFF

Essentially you are preparing a PDI image, just somewhat larger

The files can be sent via the programme 'we transfer' ( wetranster.com ) with the recipient as peterharclerode@btinternet.com. Along with the image they would obviously want the title, and a brief description of where and how it was taken, and possibly a small biography of your photographic interests.

The closing date is 27th January 2017

The files will be sent to a professional printer for printing and mounting

Copyright remains with the photographer.

PhilBrew

Re: Invitation to exhibit

Post by PhilBrew » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:45 am

Extra information - Many thanks for your email. Yes, you can submit as many images as you like.

If we end up with more than 100 images, then yes we will have to do a bit of selecting. Having said that, we do want to try and include as many photographers as possible. So, for example, in the case of someone who submitted ten images, we would select his best four or five images in order to leave room for images from other photographers.

JonOz

Post by JonOz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:41 am

Hi

is there any preferred subject for the images?
Regards

Jon Osborne

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:40 am

Hi Jon. Good to hear from you. No theme has been suggested but remembering that the exhibits are to be auctioned so I tried to choose images that might have a general appeal to a wide public.

JonOz

Post by JonOz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Sorry, not familiar with the use of the board, i tried the links i the original message and error messages, am i doing something wrong?

for example, tying to acces:-

www.jumblebee.com

i get

http://www.exopt.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

Jon
Regards

Jon Osborne

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:15 pm

I have a number of photos (12 in all) in this forthcoming 'Images on Parade' Exhibition being held at Braxted Park Estate, Witham, CM8 3EN UK on 24th and 25th March 2017 10.00 - 6.00p.m.

This link takes you to an auction site where you can see all the images. If you just want to see mine, enter Brew in the "search this auction” slot top left

www.jumblebee.co.uk/imagesonparade

I shall be going down on Saturday morning if anyone would like a lift.