Joe

Fivedeed

Re: Colchester Library Exhibition - 2016

Post by Fivedeed » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Well Done Joe & Thanks x

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Wow that's great news :D :D :D ! Thanks Joe for all your work on putting the application together.

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:11 pm

Woo hoo! Well done Joe :P

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Great news - congratulations Joe.

NinaS

Post by NinaS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:02 am

That's great and very well done. Nina

JoeCaffery

Post by JoeCaffery » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:45 pm

I received a Letter from the Library about our exhibition in March which gives us a deadline to provide them with required documentation by the end of January, comprising:

A Club Bio (medium, subject matter, concepts and influences)
Exhibition poster
Price list and image titles
Insurance list of displayed items (optional)

We have managed to defer the hanging date and start to: Hanging on: Thursday 3rd March
: Open on : Friday 4th March

Lisa has agreed to prepare a poster similar to the last one she did for the Slice but we want to include some of the images that will be displayed at the library.
Labels will the "Slice" format of laminate label with velcro back-strip.
The Library have provided a plan of the display area, the display boards (7 of them) and the positions they must remain in - see attached plan.

Based in the size of the IKEA frames we estimated that we could get a maximum of 20 frames in a linear "un-crowded" display of 3 per board and hang the price list and CCS bio in A4 frames alongside the last image. This would present a uniform appearance to the display.

In order to meet these timescales and requirements we all need to do the following:

Before End of January:
o Decide if you want to exhibit (purely optional) and how many images. There is space for one each based on current membership level plus some left over and extra spaces where someone does not want to exhibit, so there is scope to exhibit more than one.
o The Slice was free, but this time we have to pay. To meet the exhibition fee of £60 you will need to pay £3 per exhibited image to the club to cover the £60.
o Create a jpg of the image(s) you want to exhibit , their title and sale price
o Send these three things (jpg, title, price) to Lisa before the end of January.
o State if the image is landscape of portrait.
o Lisa will prepare the poster and I will compile the price list and prepare the labels
o I will write the "group bio" and circulate this to the group for comment and contribution before the end of January. It will be a variation on the Slice one.

February Meeting:
o Bring your printed images, framed if you have frames. Not everyone will possess IKEA frames and so there are some that can be borrowed free from other members if you let it be known you need some at the next (January 20th) meeting.
o The IKEA frames have a mount with a "window" of 39cm x 29cm.
o I will be away for the hanging and opening date so we are looking for volunteers to take over the responsibility of delivery and hanging. We are trying to make the hanging process as simple as possible. The display boards have easily adjustable hooks to help align the frames where the string tension varies from frame to frame so we don’t need spirit levels and a bag of tools and nails - only the images and the labels!
o From the jpgs sent to Lisa we can determine the hanging order and will therefore have a plan of which image and title goes where, in sequence, on which board.
o This should reduce the hanging process to:
• bring images and hanging plan
• hang images and adjust hook height
• stick prepared velcro'd labels
• hang bio and price
• leave

Display Board Plan:

JoeCaffery

Post by JoeCaffery » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:45 pm

I received a Letter from the Library about our exhibition in March which gives us a deadline to provide them with required documentation by the end of January, comprising:

A Club Bio (medium, subject matter, concepts and influences)
Exhibition poster
Price list and image titles
Insurance list of displayed items (optional)

We have managed to defer the hanging date and start to: Hanging on: Thursday 3rd March
: Open on : Friday 4th March

Lisa has agreed to prepare a poster similar to the last one she did for the Slice but we want to include some of the images that will be displayed at the library.
Labels will the "Slice" format of laminate label with velcro back-strip.
The Library have provided a plan of the display area, the display boards (7 of them) and the positions they must remain in - see attached plan.

Based in the size of the IKEA frames we estimated that we could get a maximum of 20 frames in a linear "un-crowded" display of 3 per board and hang the price list and CCS bio in A4 frames alongside the last image. This would present a uniform appearance to the display.

In order to meet these timescales and requirements we all need to do the following:

Before End of January:
o Decide if you want to exhibit (purely optional) and how many images. There is space for one each based on current membership level plus some left over and extra spaces where someone does not want to exhibit, so there is scope to exhibit more than one.
o The Slice was free, but this time we have to pay. To meet the exhibition fee of £60 you will need to pay £3 per exhibited image to the club to cover the £60.
o Create a jpg of the image(s) you want to exhibit , their title and sale price
o Send these three things (jpg, title, price) to Lisa before the end of January.
o State if the image is landscape of portrait.
o Lisa will prepare the poster and I will compile the price list and prepare the labels
o I will write the "group bio" and circulate this to the group for comment and contribution before the end of January. It will be a variation on the Slice one.

February Meeting:
o Bring your printed images, framed if you have frames. Not everyone will possess IKEA frames and so there are some that can be borrowed free from other members if you let it be known you need some at the next (January 20th) meeting.
o The IKEA frames have a mount with a "window" of 39cm x 29cm.
o I will be away for the hanging and opening date so we are looking for volunteers to take over the responsibility of delivery and hanging. We are trying to make the hanging process as simple as possible. The display boards have easily adjustable hooks to help align the frames where the string tension varies from frame to frame so we don’t need spirit levels and a bag of tools and nails - only the images and the labels!
o From the jpgs sent to Lisa we can determine the hanging order and will therefore have a plan of which image and title goes where, in sequence, on which board.
o This should reduce the hanging process to:
• bring images and hanging plan
• hang images and adjust hook height
• stick prepared velcro'd labels
• hang bio and price
• leave

Display Board Plan:

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Thanks Joe. Sorry can't seem to find the display board plan?
Trevor

JoeCaffery

Post by JoeCaffery » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Floor Plan.
Forum seems to have a life of it's own; it got sent while I still prepping.
Still not getting Forum mails back to me so I can't actually see what got sent.
Let me know if you all still don't get the floor plan.
Attachments
Library_Floor_plan_web.jpg

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Thanks Joe, have received it all seems pretty straight forward.
Thanks

JoeCaffery

Post by JoeCaffery » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi All,

For the Library, we need to know ASAP (in the next week) if you want to show an image or images. It s not a problem if you don’t want to exhibit, but please let us know one way or the other so we can work out the number that will be displayed.

If you want to exhibit, just to remind you, due to the exhibition fee of £60 it is £3 per image assuming we get 20 images. Please send Lisa jpgs of the image(es) you will show by the end of January so she can produce the poster.

The title and prices we will need by mid-February since they are not required until the exhibition is hung. I previously thought we had to also have the titles and prices by the end of January, but that is not the case.

Thanks
Joe

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:45 pm

From Ian
Joe,

Count me out for the moment please.

Hope to see you next Saturday in Boxted.

Regards

Ian

JoeCaffery

Post by JoeCaffery » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi all,

Got to supply the Library with a club "bio" by the end of the week along the lines of: "medium,s ubject matter, concepts and influences".

Have "modified" out boiler plate bio to try to meet these criteria and it's shown below:

Colchester Creative Shots is an informal, friendly Colchester based photographic society which provides a friendly forum for member's to discuss their photographic interests and techniques and make new friends. Members produce digital images and prints and enjoy the benefits of a club environment whilst promoting the art of photography no matter what their interest or level of experience.

Our program is varied and covers a whole spectrum of subject matter both traditional and creative. We have visiting speakers, organize club photo shoots and have in-house evenings where we view and discuss our images and prints after being given a theme.

Through our images and exhibitions we hope to inspire others and create enthusiasm for photography as a rewarding and often challenging pursuit.

Our Exhibition at Colchester Library is a selection of club member's images from the previous year.

They also need to know:
1. Artist Name (CCS - done)
2. Setup date: (3rd March - done)
3. Approx. arrival time ??
4. Vehicle reg. ??
5. Take down date: (31st March - done)
6. Approx. arrival time ??
7. Vehicle reg. ??
8. No. Boards (7 - done)

If you could advise me by say Friday on items 3,4 and 6,7 (best guess; I'm sure it can be changed later) that would be helpful.
I got the impression they're fairly flexible and amenable.

Joe

JoeCaffery

Post by JoeCaffery » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi All,
Latest news on the Library exhibition.......
The Library has informed us that the exhibition has been CANCELLED because
they are going to erect offices in March in the space used by the exhibition.
This means the Library has no exhibition space for the forseable future.
So hold off preparing images etc.
They did say they should have some exhibition space probably in August after their
internal developments are completed.
Sorry about this... Looks like every exhibition we try gets closed down!.......
Joe