The Slice Gallery Permanent Exhibition

Fivedeed

Re: The Slice Gallery Permanent Exhibition

Post by Fivedeed » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:15 am

Hello Everyone !

I popped into The Slice on Wednesday and spoke briefly to Lagi ...

He was very pleased with our display and how we had set everything out. He is so laid back about everything and is such a pleasure to deal with :D
I explained that the space nearest the back wall was reserved for Ian - Any ideas when you will be ready to put some images up Ian ?!
Customers have commented positively too and welcome the return of more appealing surroundings. It was great to go back and look at the overall display in more relaxed circumstances and I have to admit that it looks pretty awesome ... I am very proud of what we have produced as a group !!

Have any of you had feedback from friends and family ?

I've taken a small poster to Tindalls, who are kindly displaying it for us. We need to spread the word about the fact that we are exhibiting there on a permanent basis in the hope that we can build up some regular visitors ... Anyone got some good ideas for publicising and developing a fan base ?!

Happy Easter Everyone !

Amanda x

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:17 am

Hi Amanda, I am going in tomorrow to have a look. Those who are on Twitter and know how to use it can start a blog or whatever it is to generate interest. I tend to use Facebook. If anyone has a copy of the leaflet they can email to me I can put something on Facebook it is a useful tool for getting stuff out there.

Trevor

Ian-Raymant

Post by Ian-Raymant » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Hi Amanda,

Have 3 images at the printers in Elmstead. Will chase them on Tuesday and let you know how It goes.

Regards

Ian

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi Amanda. I went in the slice to view the images. Looks really really good.

Just a note about your business card holder we found some one had put business cards for a driving school covering yours up. I removed them and put them in a bin. It might be prudent to check it from time to time!

Regards

Trevor

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi Ian !

Got really wet at the dog show, but got a few good pics afterwards :D

Good news about your images

A x

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi Trevor !

Glad you liked the display :D

Thanks for sorting my business cards out -some people are really cheeky !
I will probably be popping in once a week, so I will make sure I check them ...

I expect Lisa can email some copies of the poster - it would be good to put it on a special Facebook page for CCS - we can then update it as the exhibition continues, by adding posts here & there about specific groups of images. I am happy to be an administrator on there with you -if you like ?

Amanda x

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:41 am

Hi Folks,
Here is a digital copy of the poster for publicity. I've been tweeting about it. Unfortunately, I don't think Lagy is into social media as much as Alice so the Slice twitter account is silent this time :( .
poster2016-web.jpg
poster2016-web.jpg (230.17 KiB) Viewed 10727 times

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi Exhibitionists :lol:

Has anyone taken our CCS poster down from its position on the wall opposite the top of the stairs ??

I went to the cafe today and noticed that it was missing.

I also spotted that some of Graham's labels are missing - have you removed them Graham to redo them ?

I am having to redo one of mine, as it seems to have de-laminated in the heat :roll:

I'M NOT SURE ABOUT ANYONE ELSE, BUT I AM DEFINITELY NOT GETTING EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS OF POSTS...

Amanda x

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi Amanda it was there on Saturday when Lynn & I were in.
Trevor

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi Amanda,
I remember the poster upstairs went missing last time too :? . Maybe it fell off, got damaged and then put in the bin. I guess one of the staff might know...

Re. the email notification, I think there are issues with BT emails. On the SMUG message board the chairman stated that he sent out a mailing list and all those with a BT email didn't get it. There still might be an issue with this board too. It's hard to know whether people receive them or not unless they reply. Mine still go in my spam box occasionally but not all the time :? . I think ISPs are trying to tighten up on spam but this is causing further problems. Tomorrow I'll contact this board's hosting about your lack of emails and anyone else's if they are still having issues.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:02 pm

Forgot to add, I still have a few more hard copies of the posters so we can replace the missing one.

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:56 pm

Hello All !!

I have re-visited The Slice today - and the sweet oriental waitress had put our poster and Graham's labels somewhere safe after they came unstuck from the wall ...

I luckily had some of my velcro 'stickies' in my handbag - so have done a temporary repair job on the above - pending purchase of some more velcro strips.I think the heat and moisture in the cafe does not suits sticky tape - so we ought to avoid it in the future.

I am happy to purchase some more velcro strips form B&Q, if the rest of you are happy to donate to the Velcro Fund - we can chat about it at our next meeting ...!

I am not sure who is getting emails of CCS posts - but I have got into the habit of logging in everyday to counteract my issues ( which we think are caused by BT- my Internet and email providers)
I'm not sure if Trevor saw my comment about a Facebook CCS page - which I am happy to manage with him to promote our permanent tenure at The Slice - because as Lisa has reported, Lagi is not going to Tweet about our presence - and we need to raise awareness of our 'Gallery' as best we can. I believe that it will help us with possible Exhibitions elsewhere and raise general awareness of CCS and our individual talents :D

Have a great weekend Everybody !!

Axx

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi Amanda, yes I am trying to start a new page and have got somewhere with it.

If Lisa can send me a jpeg image of the poster plus some of the other images she has used I can put some images on the Face book page.

It won't be up and running immediately but am doing my best.

Trevor

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:10 am

No worries Trevor,

Didn't intend to chase you, just wasn't sure what the plan was -sounds great - will it be possible for me ( and others ?) to post on it ? I'm afraid I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to technological background 'stuff' :lol:

A x

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:44 am

Hi Trevor,
You can grab the poster from the attachment above. It is also uploaded to our dropbox account within the folder Poster along with some images .

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi guys i have managed to set up a Facebook page and configured it so it is accessible to anyone in the Colchester area.

If any of you are on or use Facebook the link is : https://www.facebook.com/Creative-Shots ... 390397507/
So check it out.

I am not overly computer minded so if anything is not write or you have any comments on what to post, images etc let me know.

Don't forget to like the page and follow and share with your Facebook friends.

Thanks

Trev

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:55 am

Hi Trevor and Fellow Exhibitionists :D

This is great stuff !

Thank you very much to Trevor for sorting this out for us all !

I've volleyed off a few invites to my friends - so hope that it will serve to spread the word ...?!

I would very much like the idea that, if the exhibitors wish to, that they can contribute to the page itself, rather than posting as 'visitors'. I have looked on the FB help site and found the following -:

How do I give someone a role on my Page? | Facebook Help Centre | Facebook
https://en-gb.facebook.com › help

Trevor, as the administrator, it allows you to add me, for example, as an 'editor' onto the Page. It requires us to be FB friends as a starting point, so I have sent you a 'friend request'. It seems easy enough to follow through the steps...

It would therefore allow me ( and any others who wish to do it) to post info about our photos and to update the page each time we hang a new set of images for example. I feel that this will make the page come to life as time passes and anyone who follows us will get a notification about what's happening. What do you think ?

Ian has hung some images this morning and hopes to add some more shortly... So if anyone is passing, pop in and have a look !!

I look forward to hearing back re your thoughts on the above Trevor - and from anyone else who wants to be able to post onto the page, as mentioned above ...

Have a great weekend !

Amanda xxx

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi Amanda I have added you as an editor on the Creative Shots page so you can add CS images or posts only. I haven't added you as admin. Please don't take it personally but I am very very careful about who I allow to see posts etc. As the Creative shots page is linked to my own page I'm just a bit dubious about who can see what post etc. I am happy to add CS members to post only to the CS page.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit over the top but I have had a few of my friends pages hijacked or cloned and it caused all sorts of trouble.

Hope this is okay?

Trevor

Fivedeed

Post by Fivedeed » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi Trevor !

Editor is fine by me - that's all I needed

Thanks very much for adding me... :D

One cannot be too careful when it comes to FBook.

I doubt many of the others will want to be added, as it can be time-consuming to keep abreast of everything 'computer-oriented' -and I know that Lisa doesn't wish to be involved with Facebook - but I guess that between the 2 of us, we can do a good job of promoting things and highlighting other people's images as well as our own.

My friends have done a great job so far of 'liking' the page -so let's hope that the others can drum up some support too !
18 likes in total is a pretty good start :)

Colin

Post by Colin » Fri May 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Slice follow up from comments made on Wednesday:

Amanda, your Cat image has been sold. Lagi says he left a message on the mobile number you left with him, but it was only a few days ago.

The "dresser" is still expected I think, he has allowed someone else to use the space for now. It is his Cafe, Given that this was not I think space we intended to use maybe we just need to be patient with this one and see what happens next.

Phil, I would suggest that when you change your images, you look for another space to hang the poster and statement so that you can recover the layout you want.

Lastly, a reminder to all exhibitor's, two months have passed, please think about changing your display in the near future.
thanks
Colin

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:23 am

I popped into the Slice for a cuppa on Tuesday and noticed that the Slice have installed an air conditioning unit upstairs on the wall above Phil's images.

The unit does interfere with Phil's layout and one of his images has been moved from near the top of the wall to lower down - although the label hasn't moved with it :? . Phil if you haven't been in since the unit was installed, you might want to pop in and rearrange your images.

Graham - you have a label missing.

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:38 pm

Thanks Lisa - will call in and sort it

Colin

Post by Colin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:17 pm

The committee decided it would be good idea to publish a few rules for those of us exhibiting at the Slice in order to maintain a good image overall.
So: Members are responsible for the good look of the area they are exhibiting in, should keep an eye on it on a regular basis, change images every 2 - 3 months, fill in any holes created by rearranging their layout and ensure that alignment and labels create a good impression at all times. Sensible stuff we believe. thanks.The Committee!

robertofbaycot

Post by robertofbaycot » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:52 pm

This afternoon. I put up four of my photos in the Slice. They are next to Graham's pictures; there is still space for perhaps 4 more photos on the same wall. Here are my pics:
Attachments
cloud city.jpg
cloud city.jpg (306.93 KiB) Viewed 9252 times
communication.jpg
communication.jpg (404.77 KiB) Viewed 9252 times
obelisk.jpg
obelisk.jpg (106.95 KiB) Viewed 9252 times
yellow.jpg
yellow.jpg (803.54 KiB) Viewed 9252 times

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:58 pm

there seems to be a problem - I received an email about Robert adding his photos to the Slice exhibition but cannot find hid message in the forum itself. I cannot open his images from the email.