Colchester24 Project

Lisa

Colchester24 Project

Post by Lisa » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 pm

I've received a couple of invitations from Chris Farndell in respect of the launch of an exhibition of the 1986 photos of Colchester appertaining to the Colchester24 project.
The exhibition is being opened by Sonia Lewis at Colchester LIbrary on Thursday 7th April 10:30am for 11:00am. I am hoping to attend, would someone else like to have the other invitation??
The Colchester24 website http://www.colchester24.org/

PhilBrew

Re: Colchester24 Project

Post by PhilBrew » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:05 pm

It seems that if you wish to take part in this exercise you need to register in advance. Go to

http://www.colchester24.org/index.php

The 24 hours in question are - I quote - from midday on Friday 21st October 2011 to midday Saturday 22nd October 2001 (sic) - so that gives us plenty of scope... (provided we have plenty in our archives!)

PS I have brought this to their attention and they are going to correct it

I had a worry about this project which was that it almost inevitably will involve shooting strangers, which raises the thorny question of consent. I am not prepared to have preprinted consent forms to hand out to subjects, who in any case would see that as more of an intrusion than the snap itself. On reflection though I've decided to be bold and snap away with the thought that in the unlikely event of objections being raised if the pix are published, in fact no-one could be sued successfully unless the pic could be deemed derogatory or offensive. What do you think of that line of reasoning? If it is not valid there has to be a question mark over the whole project I fear.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi Phil,
Further to my recent thread on the Colchester 24 project (under photo shoots), I have registered the group on the Colchester 24 website so I don't think there is necessarily a need for each member to register if they are not inclined. I am posting any updates I receive in that thread.

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 am

Didn't know about your group registration Lisa, so I have registered as an individual.

Do you have any info about how and when we upload any photos we take?

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi Phil,
In the update email posted on the other thread, it says that we will be informed in a later email this week on how to submit our photos.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:16 am

Apologies for lateness in posting this one
Dear all,

We are proud to invite you to a special preview event at Firstsite for participants, foundation members and sponsors of the Colchester24 Trust.

Friday 9 March 2012, 7 – 8.30pm
Firstsite, Lewis Gardens, Colchester CO1 1JH

Please follow the link below for all details.

This is a free event but booking is essential, call 01206 577 067 or email info@firstsite.uk.net

http://www.firstsite.uk.net/email/617/send

We look forward to seeing you there!

Sarah Cole
Colchester24
Dear all,

In addition to having an exhibition launch at Firstsite on Friday 9th March, we will also be having one at Colchester Library.

This opening event will take place between 11am-1pm on Saturday 10th March - so if you are unable to make the Firstsite launch, come along to this one!

We are proud to announce that Mayor Helen Chuah will be opening this event at 11am. Refreshments will be available from the library cafe.

Unfortunately, due to the size of the venue, numbers will be restricted to a maximum of 30 at a time. This means that if you arrive and it is busy, you may have to return later.

If you would like to attend, please reply to this email.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Sarah Cole
Colchester24

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi all,
I went into the library today to look at the Colchester 24 images. They have about 40 photos on display and one of them is mine and one of them is Phil's! :D