Slice of Colchester

StuartB

Re: Slice of Colchester

Post by StuartB » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Thank you Phil

I will still call in as I would like to view the works under less crowded conditions.

I was very impressed with the broad range and quality of work on display, having come back to photography after a long absence and relatively new to digital I have to raise my game.

I will call in today and Wednesday

Regards to All

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Thanks Phil. I'll go in on Tuesday and sort out the labels.

I think the checked shirt guy to whom you are referring might be my hubby David :) .

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:01 am

Hi folks,
I went to Slice yesterday afternoon to make good a few labels that had started to curl. Eric's Daphs had fallen as had the outer mount of Stuart's Boys Are Back in Town. I fixed both so everything is looking good for now....

I also put up another notice regarding the pricing stating in big letters that ALL OUR IMAGES ARE FOR SALE as a couple of people have said to me that they thought that only those with stated prices were for sale.

StuartB

Post by StuartB » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:38 pm

I also reaffixed the paper clip on the Daffodils but not certain it will hold

Stuart

StuartB

Post by StuartB » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Not certain this was sent correctly.

Just checked Colins Marathon re fixed.

I am not around next week

Regards All Stuart

Colin

Post by Colin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Thanks everyone, from information supplied, Gwyn is due in tomorrow, I am currently tied up with visitors but hope to get in on Saturday, if there are any other volunteers out there it would be good to hear from you. If my marathon image still gives problems i think I will remove it, it will be one less to worry about.

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:33 pm

I'm planning to look in tomorrow afternoon.

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Went in today and fixed Eric's 2 daffs which was on the floor. Don't think it will dare to fall off again! Colin's marathon was still up but the front mount was parting company with the back - pushed it all together and it seemed to stick - but for how long? Colin if it happens again and you like me to tape it, let me know.

We must lean the lessons from all this for next time!

I was slightly miffed to note that they had placed a chair on the first little landing of the stairs which would seem designed to prevent people going up! I didn't ask Alice about this but...

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:15 am

From Sarah - went to forum admin only
Hi Phil, the reason for the chair,could be a group meeting and Alice was just stopping people going up there. I am hoping to come to Colchester next week, so I will ask Alice about it. Sarah
Sarah it was there too when I went on Tuesday afternoon. There was nobody upstairs at all at the time :(. I thought it had accidentally been placed there but now it appears not.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:19 am

Earlier message from Stuart that went to forum admin only
I am beginning to think that dust on the wall is the issue, double sided tape should work. If I have time I will print and remount my Boys are Back in Town, I think the issue is the multi layers have the are in the same direction causing them to bow.
Stuart I did put a few blobs of superglue between your mount and backing so should hold together now. Not sure if double sided tape is behaving itself in Slice as it is so hot up there it is losing its tackiness.

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:01 am

In my experience the only reliable adhesive in this situation is my super strength gel tape. I still have plenty left at the moment so please let me know if there are further problems.

Colin

Post by Colin » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:32 am

The replies received to the poll have not flagged up any problems with extending the exhibition so we will not be taking it down today. It is still unclear at this point in time if Alice has found a new exhibitor and therefore a preferred end date for us, but we will discuss this on Wednesday so that the best suitable date for the group can be found.
thanks all, see you on Wednesday, Colin

StuartB

Post by StuartB » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:34 am

Do we have a revised end date.

Colin

Post by Colin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:25 pm

Sorry folks, I thought we had covered this , so my apologies, we are taking the exhibition down in the afternoon of the 15th October, provisionally from 3pm onwards. Obviously some will be at work and for those members and anyone else unable to be there, we will bring images to the meeting due that evening. If you are unable to attend the take down and the meeting please ask someone to take responsibility for your images on your behalf. thanks, Colin

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:04 am

Just to let you know that I will not be able to get to the take down on 15th until about 5. I'll bring the ladder again (unless anyone has a better idea??) I would suggest that one or two people come armed with a pallet knife (preferably square ended). This is the best implement to release my super strength tape. It is possible that this tape had to be applied to some exhibits which had fallen down, but that the exhibitor is unaware of this - so be prepared for a surprise when you come to take down.

BTW the bike photo exhibition is back at Slack Space 22 October - 8 November - remember Gwyn was one of the 24 winners last year. Sadly we have no winners this year but should be well worth a visit.

Colin

Post by Colin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Thanks Phil, I said 3pm provisionally to give us time if we met any problems, if it is too early for others as well. please let me know. May I also remind members that if you cann Cot make the take down OR the evening meeting please arrange with someone to take care of your images for you. Colin

NinaS

Post by NinaS » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Hello all,

Unfortunately I can't come to Slice for the take-down of the photos because I have a funeral in Bournmouth to attend that afternoon. Also, I am staying over until later on Wednesday so will be unable to make the meeting. Andy (my husband) has agreed to remove my photos so they will be taken care of in my absence and meantime will look forward to seeing you for the meeting in November.

Best wishes

Nina

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:09 pm

From Sarah
Hi, I can get to the taking down at around 3pm, I was just wondering what I could do afterwards, are any of you who are coming from out of town doing something, can I join you? As it's a bit silly for me to go back home, and then come back for the meeting. Sarah

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:00 am

From Joe
Hi Colin,
I could get there for 3:30. We could take down what we can and stack it ready for a bulk load to avoid the traffic wardens. We could time the bulk load up to coincide with Phil turning up with his ladder perhaps?
Joe

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:04 pm

From Kate
I will come along at 3.30 on Wednesday to help take down the exhibition. See you then. Kate