Chinese whispers 2019

Trevor

Chinese whispers 2019

Post by Trevor » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:35 am

Hi everyone, following on from the AGM we need to get Chinese whispers under way ready for Decembers 2019's meeting.

Membership has increased and therefore we need to get this started as time will quickly run out.

At the MOST you will have 2 WEEKS to provide your image to me. Potentially we have a larger number of members so if you can supply it before the 2 WEEK deadline that would be better as we need to get them collated before Decembers meeting where they will be presented digitally.

Any questions please feel free to message me.

THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES

When you receive an image from the CS member in front of you it is for you to interpret the image and produce an image which you feel represents any element or elements of the image. You can use any image you have taken from your own library of images or if you feel adventurous, take a new image.

Once you have your image do the following.

1. send a full sized (not cropped) resolution image to me to collate in the correct order.
2. send a thumbnail image (approx 1000 pixels on longest length) to the next person on the list.

Please see the below list of current members and the order the images will be presented.

Trevor, Joe, Graham, Michelle, Colin, Robert, Ian, Jim, Bruce.

When passing you image onto me please provide a very brief outline as to why you chose this image and how it relates to the image you received.
This will enable us to provide an explanation in Decembers meeting when the full set of images are viewed. This is important as previously if members did not attend Decembers meeting we were unable to ask the author why they used that image?/b]

Again, if you cant make a deadline feel free to swap with someone else BUT PLEASE let me know so I can put them in the correct order.

Phil or Joe if I have missed anyone off can you let me know asap please?

Thanks to all involved.

Trevor

PerrinM

Re: Chinese whispers 2019

Post by PerrinM » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:08 pm

Please may I be put in the order (if possible) that I will NOT get the 2 weeks during beginning of April as I shall be on holiday. Thank you. Michele

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:58 am

Hi, Michele, no worries, I wil bring you forward on the list.

The new order will be Trevor, Joe, Michele, Graham, Colin, Robert, Ian, Jim, Bruce.

Trevor

lainey56

Post by lainey56 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 am

Hi Trevor
You have forgotten me, can you add me in somewhere please?
I will pay my membership fees this morning, sorry I lost my piece of paper with bank details on!!
Elaine

I am Joel

Post by I am Joel » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi,

If you can give me the bank details also I'll pay today. Then you can add me to the list also.

Cheers,
Joel

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi Elaine and Joel, yes will add you both to the list.

I don’t have the bank details, but I will ask Joe to send them to you.
Trevor

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:41 am

Hi all, following a tweak earlier please note the added members to the latest order of members.

Trevor, Joe, Michele, Graham, Colin, Robert, Ian, Jim, Bruce, Elaine, Joel.

The list will be expanded as members renew their subscription.

I have received Joe's image and this has been passed to Michele. Look forward to receiving your image in due course Michele.

Trevor

I am Joel

Post by I am Joel » Tue May 14, 2019 9:42 am

Hi all,

I have just received Elaine’s image. Looking at the latest list I am last man up, but the post says that more member may be added as they renew. So am I last? If so who do I send my image to?

Cheers,
Joel

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue May 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi, the updated list will be posted later.
Trevor

Trevor

Trevor

Trevor

Trevor

PerrinM

Re: May 15 Meeting

Post by PerrinM » Tue May 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Just to let you all know I will not be there tomorrow evening, sorry guys but a big birthday beckons so will be celebrating joining the 60's club :)

Will be at the June meeting so will catch up with everyone and share some story's from South Africa. Very privileged to see many wild life and think I got some good photo's

Regards
Michele

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi update on Chinese whispers and the expanded list.

For the new members who haven't participated before briefly here is the process .

The person before you on the list sends you an image. Your task is to review the image decide what it means to you and take an image (or use one from your archives) and pass it on to the next person on the list. You also need to send me a copy of the image ( with a brief sentence as to why you chose that image) send only the image to the person after you on the list. Please only send a Jpeg. The reason we ask that you supply a brief reason why you took the image is that they are shown at our December meeting as a slide show. As not everyone attends, it is useful to have the authors comments as to why they chose their image so members can see the thought process from image 1 through to the last.

The remainder of the list is as follows.

Joel, Phil, Alison, Barry, Lisa, Richie, Rob F, Malcolm, and Rob P. If you don't have the next persons email please contact Phil for their email address.

If anything isn't clear or you have any questions please just ask.

Trevor

Lisa

Re: May 15 Meeting

Post by Lisa » Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 pm

PerrinM wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:05 pm
Just to let you all know I will not be there tomorrow evening, sorry guys but a big birthday beckons so will be celebrating joining the 60's club :)
From Joe
Enough photos for "an evening with Michele Perrin"?
Joe

PerrinM

Post by PerrinM » Tue May 14, 2019 10:26 pm

Joe.... Would love to. Wouldn't want to bore anyone tho.