Testing email notifications on forum

Any problems with the forum post here
creativeadmin
Site Admin

Testing email notifications on forum

Post by creativeadmin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi All,
Please just ignore this email. I am just testing a new 'plug-in' for the message board which should notify you by email whenever a posting is made on the forum. If you are reading this via email, then it worked!
Lisa

Lisa

Re: Testing email notifications on forum

Post by Lisa » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Can those that are getting gobbledygook on the forum posting notification emails please let me know what operating system you are using (Windows Vista, 7 etc) and what email client you are using to view them (Outlook Express for example). I did log on to hubby's PC to view my emails through Outlook Express with Windows XP and they all looked normal :?
If you could provide a screenshot too that would fab as I can then see exactly what the problem is and try and get it sorted.
Many thanks.

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:40 am

Hi Lisa i am still getting the funny Title as per the screen shot enclosed.

Interesting enough I received2 on the 4th March which werent and had the title of Forum@colchestercreative shots.

Thanks

Trev

P.S I am using Vista!
Attachments
Gobble de gook.jpg
Gobble de gook.jpg (93.82 KiB) Viewed 4903 times

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Thanks Trevor for the screenshot and also to Sara and Nadine who also let me know what was going on with their machines. I know what is causing it, I just need to find the easiest way of fixing it :) although the fact that is didn't happen on the 4th March adds to the confusion somewhat :?
Thanks again all.
Lisa