June Meeting

Information and updates on monthly meetings
Colin

June Meeting

Post by Colin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:52 pm

This Wednesday's meeting is a practical session concentrating on Macro/Close up photography. NO lectures or tutorials, just a let's get straight in with whatever equipment/skills we have got and see where it leads us. No previous experience required. You will need to bring as much relevant kit as you have in order to play or share with others for the evening. Therefore, basics - Camera, tripod, remote triggers, macro/close up lenses, extension tubes, flashes or other light sources etc. Bring what you can but certainly bring yourself. Also please think about bringing some things to photograph up close, be creative, objects, fruit, leaves or other flora etc. etc.
What we don't know we can ask or bluff our way through but essentially have some fun with our cameras!!
See you Wednesday
Colin

Trevor

Re: June Meeting

Post by Trevor » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Just a quick comment on how much I enjoyed last nights evening of macro photography.

It was nice just to have a play with various set ups, lights etc.
Trevor

Jim Spurgeon

Post by Jim Spurgeon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:57 pm

I agree Trevor. For myself, having the time and inclination to set up for a macro shoot and find a great variety of objects to shoot just doesn't happen. I really enjoyed the evening, thanks to everyone for some interesting objects.

lainey56

Post by lainey56 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 pm

I thought it was great as it gave me chance to see where I'm going wrong and be able to ask questions without feeling stupid!! Thanks to Trevor for explaining things so well and Ian for letting me see how good extension tubes are. For someone like me, who is still learning it was a great meeting, thanks everyone x

PerrinM

Post by PerrinM » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Thank you for an interesting evening, came away feeling that I had actually learnt something which is a result.

On another note, we had one of the baby peregrines at college today being ringed and will be released on monday back to the nest, got some fabulous shots as I had my camera at work which was a result.
They are still nesting in Jumbo and doing very well.