What happened Wednesdays meeting 16th

Information and updates on monthly meetings
Trevor

What happened Wednesdays meeting 16th

Post by Trevor » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi just a quick update for those who didnt attend and details of the next meeting.

I presented a short intro to Macro photography dealing with things such as Aperture depth of field shutter speed in relation to focal length etc.

Handouts were supplied at the end.

Regretfully Phill couldnt marry his Laptop with the Projector so his Photo Palindromes didnt materialise.

Instead Eric brought a DVD on photography covering issues such as aperture shutter speed composition etc. Members viewed a couple of chapters of thes to fill in.

Please see seprate thread for April's meeting.

Thanks

Trevor.

PhilBrew

Re: What happened Wednesdays meeting 16th

Post by PhilBrew » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks Trevor for your macro presentation - it has fired me with enthusiasm to do more macro myself - especially of wild flowers. Would it be too much to ask for a supplement to your excellent handout - listing the equipment you use for macro? Apologies to everyone for the technical problems I had with the projector-laptop interface. I have tried again with the borrowed projector I used before and all works fine, so will bring that next time to do my palindromes stuff. Thanks to Eric for providing the DVD we were able to fall back on. I learned a couple of things from it and put into practice the lens distortion tool - in fact i found and corrected in a photo barrel distortion which I had not even noticed before! One trick I'd like to learn but was too slow to note the details was wher the landscape image was divded into top and bottom halves for darkening and lightening respectively. Can anyone remeber how the smooth transition between halves was achieved?

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi Phil,
Did you mean using a mask and the gradient tool to merge to different exposures such as in this tutorial? http://www.ronbigelow.com/articles/neut ... ensity.htm

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:52 am

Hi Phil sorry for the late response. yes I can supply a further handout on the equipment I use. I will try to do this for the april Meeting.

Trev

PhilBrew

Post by PhilBrew » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 pm

That's good of you Trevor - I'm sure it will be appreciated. I'm just off to Crete for a week - promises to be quite photogenic!

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Have a good time the light should be great there. look forward to seeing youur images.

Im off to Norfolk for tomorrow the weather is meant to be quite good.

Trevor